ATTENTION: To request an invoice or to self-pay, please use our Checkout process by clicking the button below to proceed.
Below are some suggestions to ensure a successful SkillBridge residency. We acknowledge that transitioning can be challenging, especially if this is your first experience working in the corporate sector after serving in the military. We have compiled a list of comments, facts, and recommendations for you to consult regularly. These resources will assist you in navigating this unfamiliar environment more effectively.
Preparing for your start date:
Keep in contact with your host company and Vets2PM and let both know of any concerns, questions, or changes right away. We can’t help resolve an issue or answer a question if you don’t contact us.
Two weeks before your start date:
Complete the ‘SkillBridge Orientation Course’ in Vets2PM student portal (log into the Vets2PM site and go to the ‘Student Portal’ and then to the SkillBridge Orientation Course.
- Complete the Workforce Tax Credit (WOTC) and email pdf to [email protected]
- Download the ‘Tracking Your Time’ excel spreadsheet and log your hours.
- Add your emergency contact information.
- Review the free resources available to you in your Student Portal.
Accept Slack invitation from Vets2PM and check in. This will come to your personal email address. You will receive this invitation two weeks before your start date. Check your spam/junk folder as this invitation may land there. Check spam/junk folder frequently during this transition time.
During Your Residency:
Keep in touch with Vets2PM regularly!
- Attend our regular Zoom meeting held on the 1st and 3rd Thursday’s of each month at Noon Eastern for guidance and fellowship. (mandatory unless you are in meetings with your host company)
- Update your resume and include your internship.
- Utilize the ‘Resume Optimization Course’ and ‘Resume Template’ in your Student Portal.
- Attend our monthly Zoom meeting when your internship is 45 days from end date. We will discuss your interview with your host company, your job search, answer questions, etc. It is the same Zoom link as the regular Zoom meetings, but is held on the 4th Thursday of the month before you transition.
Contact us if you have any questions during the internship – we are here to help