To query the database by keywords/key information, our search capabilities include all profile information and resume keyword searches.
- To get started, click on the search / magnifying glass icon.
- You can do a quick search on this bar, or better yet, click on ‘Advanced Search’ just to the right of the search bar.
- Make sure the ‘Select Module’ is set to ‘Students/Candidates.’
- Enter keywords in the ‘All Keywords with Criteria’ box and use Boolean language (AND OR NOT) if you wish.
- Be sure to click ‘other attachments’ to ensure all attachments and criteria are searchable.
- Click ‘Search’ at the bottom of the screen.
- You can add multiple ‘Specify Criteria’ options by clicking the ‘+’ after the first selection.
- When you add a second ‘Specify Criteria’ selection there will be an ‘AND’ between the two; this means the search will include BOTH of the options.
- You can click on the ‘AND’ and it will change to ‘OR’; in which case the search will produce a wider group of candidates who have either selection, as opposed to both selections.
Example: When I searched on the following string, I received 51 results:
Project AND Manager AND Logistics AND OSHA
- To refine this search by State, for example, I clicked ‘Search Again’ (on the top right of the results), and this brings you back to your original search criteria.
- You can further refine your search within the ‘Specify Criteria’ section by clicking on the drop-down areas and scrolling through the options.
Example: I refined this search by selecting ‘State/Province,’ then ‘Is’ from the second drop-down menu, and then ‘VA’ for Virginia, and clicked ‘Search.’ The results produced three candidates in Virginia.
- To clear a search and go back to the full candidate list, simply click the ‘X’ on the black search bar at the top right of your screen and click on the ‘Students/Candidates’ tab on the menu bar (right next to ‘Home’), and you will be directed back to the main ‘Students/Candidates’ page with all candidates and no filters.